An app for Android phones is now available. Click or scan the image above to install via Google Play.
A book, written by Keith Stevens and Peter Whittaker, about trigpointing walks in the Peaks.
A book, written by Keith Stevens, about trigpointing walks in the Dales.
An e-book, written by John Davies, about the Primary Re-triangulation in Wales.
A book, written by a long standing T:UK member, about trigpoint walks in the Peak District.
TP4970 - Muirhouselaw
2nd Oct 2011 00:00 by caroleengel
Easily accessible from road to W or S
10th Apr 2010 08:22 by agentmancuso
Platform exposed a few inches. From north, more of a climb than I'd expected before breakfast.
1st Mar 2009 11:10 by ocean soul
Parked in lane to North.Hopped over gate then up pasture field to pillar in fenceline.Nice views
9th Jun 2008 18:30 by PHMB
On a fenceline on an estate which is screened from view by large trees. Views good to NW and SE inc Peniel Heugh. Field is pasture but next south arable. Remains of white paint,retains plug, large deep indented lettering.
23rd Jul 2006 12:00 by peregrinus
vgc, metal cap deep letters, SE side of fence, by pasture, OK view
7th Aug 2004 12:11 by Clochandighter
On the top edge on a grazing field. Pillar in good order although leaning back ever so slightly. Earlier repairs to pillar still holding good. Base has been extended to combat erosion caused by livestock, possibly the cause of the lean. Left and right sighting holes open, others plugged. Spider retains original OS centre plug with deep stamped lettering. Flush bracket faces northwest across grazing field. Arable land behind fence. Views to Smailholm, Dirrington Great Law, Sweethope Hill, Cheviot, Hownam Law, Peniel Heugh, Eildon Mid Hill, The Holmes. Revisited and photographed 7/08/2004, GRP.
22nd Oct 2003 12:00 by iainmac
19th May 1990 11:42 by Clochandighter
The pillar was completed on 25th January 1954 costing £24.19s.0d. In 1957 this marker was computed as a tertiary triangulation station in Secondary Block NT72. The flush bracket was levelled for height in 1958. This site was last maintained by the OS in August 1986. Original visit by GRP to record the FB number, 19/05/1990 .